Went ahead and made one video that shows building the tipi from start to finish!
A few people were too lazy to look thru all the posts! so here are all the videos…
This was by far the hardest step to do with only two people… The tipi cover is HUGE! and weighs a lot. Below are a few pics of the Tipi after we completed this process… The video documents the process of installing the cover so check it out.
Here is the completed Tipi! We have a ton more landscaping work to do…
This thing looks amazing at night all lit up
Here is a random photo staking it down.
Now we have several more poles to lay in and secure!…
carefully walked over each pole and layed them in specific order.
We decided to use some Alabama brown decorative pea gravel… This decision was based on cost… Doing a completely slate stone florr was going to be more than the tipi itself. They dropped it as close as they could to the tipi…unfortunately that was about 65ft away.
Im learning that a simple project in your head is never a simple project in the real world… Started leveling out the dirt where we wanted our tipi and found that there is an old house buried underneath… As I dug down to till up the earth I uncovered tons of broken bricks and stones. This has delayed the project about a week but we are back on track!
Here is the proposed site… 20ft x 20ft
After a few hours of tilling and picking out random objects
When someone says 30 ft poles you have a certain expectation… well, these things are massive! Not to scare you as they aren’t very heavy but they are long and awkward since they are tapered so the weight isn’t distributed evenly.